Piping Plover Guardian Volunteers needed at the Atlantic

To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Anna McCarron <amcarron@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:22:31 -0500

Hello all piping plover and wildlife lovers:

As you may know, piping plovers, an endangered species, will be arriving to
their nesting areas soon! If you have ever considered becoming a Piping
Plover guardian, here's a great chance to get your feet wet!

To help promote the guardian program in time for their arrival, the Guardian
Program has acquired a booth at the Atlantic Outdoor Sports and RV show, at
exhibition park, Prospect Rd., on March 14, 15, 16 and 17.

I am looking for volunteers to spend some time tending the display to
promote the guardian program.  If any of you are interested, please contact
me. A free pass to the show is the usual fringe benefit!

If you are not able to tend the show, but are interested in becoming a
guardian, I'd still love to hear from you.

Thank you for considering this request. I look forward to hearing from you!

Anna

 Anna McCarron
 Program Coordinator
 Nova Scotia Piping Plover Guardian Program
 19 Thompson Drive, Wellington, NS B2T 1J4
 Phone/fax (please call first): (902) 860-1263
 Email: plover@istar.ca
Anna McCarron
19 Thompson Drive
Wellington, NS B2T 1J4
phone / fax: (902) 861-3624

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
SUST-MAR TIP: copyright material cannot be posted to the list

CBC enviro news-briefs follow:
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

N.S. MI'KMAQ KEEPING EYE ON B.C. CLAIM
A Mi'kmaq lawyer in Nova Scotia is keeping a close eye on a dispute in
British Columbia, where an aboriginal band has filed a claim to land and
the surrounding water of the Queen Charlotte Islands &-; an area
potentially with billions of dollars in oil and gas reserves.
FULL STORY
http://novascotia.cbc.ca/template/servlet/View?filename=ns_offshore020307

NO NEED FOR MORE SOIL TESTING: HEALTH DEPARTMENT
An official with the Federal Health Department says residents of Sydney
and North Sydney should be comforted by the latest soil test results, and
says as far as he's concerned, there is no need for any more soil
sampling.
FULL STORY
http://novascotia.cbc.ca/template/servlet/View?filename=ns_tests020307

© Canadian Broadcasting Corporation