sust-mar: SOS: Maritime Bus to WTO needs help!

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:37:03 -0400
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Aaron Koleszar <aaronk@isn.net>

Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)
Tip: your message didn't get posted? You probably sent it with html coding.
Use your "Format" pull-down menu to switch to plain text format.
--=======75ECE33=======

To: mobglobplan@yahoogroups.com
From: Rob Maguire <rob@uberculture.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:18:00 -0400
Subject: [mgp] SOS: Maritime Caravan needs help!

Hey folks,

As we reach the final few days before our Caravan leaves the Maritimes to
help stop the WTO in Montreal, we've run into some financial
difficulties.  The travel costs are a little higher than we originally
planned, and our fundraising is currently coming up a bit short. Now, for
those of you registered, don't panic -- the bus will still be leaving on
Saturday. However, if we don't secure addition funds by then, we may be
left in the position of borrowing money, which is something we most
certainly want to avoid!

So, this is our final plea: if you can spare any cash whatsoever, please
consider helping out our cause.  No amount is too little, and we'd greatly
appreciate any and all help that we can find.  If you belong to an
organization that may be able to donate, please let us know.

Also, if you're interested in coming to the WTO demonstration in Montreal
with us, there are still a few spots on the bus. If at all possible, we're
asking for a $100 contribution per seat to help with the costs of the
trip.  Just let us know ASAP if you want to hop on board.

We're also looking for donations of food and medical/first aid supplies. We
are planning to feed those on the Caravan, and we will also have medics on
hand during the entirety of the trip. But we need help!  If you or someone
you know can help by contributing such items, please get in touch with us.

Contact Ben (902.454.2095 / mob4glob@ziplip.com) if you can help out in any
of these ways, or if you'd like a spot on the Caravan.
For more info check out
<http://www.uberculture.org/mobglob>http://www.uberculture.org/mobglob

[ If you're in PEI and want to book a ride to Sackville, contact ASAP:
  Aaron Koleszar <aaronk@isn.net> 902-659-2575 ]

Thanks for your support, both materially and emotionally.  Once the last
demonstrator leaves the streets of Montreal and we return home to the
Maritimes, we will know that it wouldn't have been possible without your
help!!

In solidarity,

Rob Maguire
tel: 902.830.2691
email: rob@uberculture.org
web:
<http://www.uberculture.org>http://www.uberculture.<http://www.uberculture.org>org

Did a friend forwarded this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca