sust-mar: Fw: Youth activist artsite seeks submissions

Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:14:51 -0300
From: Laura Jean <laurajean@eastlink.ca>
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: jeswalker@hotmail.com

Your message didn't get posted on sust-mar? Probably it contained html coding.
Use your "Format" pull-down menu to switch to plain text format.
Hello all,

I am pleased to announce the upcoming opening of a
online gallery that I will be co-curating with local
artist and actor Darcy Fitzpatrick. The title of our
gallery is "A call to art" and we will be soliciting
and accepting art that has strong social and political
undertones.

Jesse Walker

>"This gallery is a place for young activist artists
to showcase
>their work. We encourage submissions from all social
and political
>spectrums. Got an opinion? Feeling uncertain? Want to
see things change?
>Want to see things remain the same? Get it off your
chest here.

>Activism is an art form. It is both delicate and
dangerous, subtle and
>loud,
>passive and aggressive, but above all else, like all
great art, it is
>vital.
>The actions of the activist are as broad and defining
in the cultural
>landscape as the brush strokes of the artist are to
the canvas.

>We will accept anything from fine art to comic
strips. From poetry to
>street
>jams. From Hip-hop to hop scotch chalk on the
sidewalk. Through A Call to
>Art we want to showcase activist artwork dealing with
current
>issues involving the environment, politics, and
social justice at home and
>abroad - so take up the call and participate!"

You can submit any work to
activistart@terminus1525.ca  .

To submit work you need 2 things. First, you need a
piece of work - either an image (jpg/gif), flash
animation (swf), audio (mp3), video (mov), or text.
Second, you need a thumbnail: a preview image of your
work that you create. This thumbnail needs to be 96
pixels wide by 260 pixels tall. If you don't feel like
creating a thumbnail, simply leave this blank.

Please note that .jpg/.gif files cannot exceed 600
pixels wide by 400 pixels tall. Also, we can't accept
files larger than 10MB.

-The opening is on Aug 1st and we will continue
accepting submissions but right now we are getting
ready to have some things up for when it opens so we'd
love to see your work.

You can see the website @ www.terminus1525.ca

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca