sust-mar: Join our Steering Committee to bring the Ethics in Action Award to Atlantic Canada - Meeting on August 14.

From: "CESR" <cesr@dal.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:52:02 -0300

Your message didn't get posted on sust-mar? Probably it contained html coding.
Use your "Format" pull-down menu to switch to plain text format.

Hello Sust-Mar!

We are scheduling our first meeting for the inaugural "Ethics in Action
Award in Atlantic Canada" event. Our meeting will take place this
Thursday, August 14 at 5 PM in Room 41 in the building located at 1322
Robie St. (this is one the houses of School for Resource and
Environmental Studies Building on the corner Robie St. and University
Ave., there is parking and bike racks in the back). The "Ethics in
Action Award" event will take place on Saturday, November 15. We are
honouring NGOs, companies, individuals and academics/educators who have
demonstrated a commitment to ethics and environmental & social
responsibility. Awards will be given for ethics/accountability,
community development, environmental responsibility, and social
justice/humanitarian work. We would like to recognize, applaud and
encourage organizations and individuals in their work toward a more
ethical, greener, kinder and more just society.

If you know of others who are not on this list who might like to help
with establishing this "Ethics in Action Award" for Atlantic Canada,
please distribute this message to them and encourage them to come to our
meeting.

For more information about these awards, please visit:
http://www.ethicsinaction.com/ (an example of how these awards are given
in BC and Ont.). We would like to create an award ceremony broadened to
more categories and tailored to Atlantic Canada.

You will be hearing from us again for a "call out on nominations"!

Hope to see some of you this Thursday at 5 PM!

Thank you,

Tamara Lorincz

Outgoing Chair of the Society for Corporate Environmental and Social
Responsibility
(CESR) http://is2.dal.ca/~cesr/ (Use Internet Explorer)
For more information, you can email us at: cesr@dal.ca or phone me
(Tamara) at home 443-2423.

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca