sust-mar: FAQ: did your message get posted?

From: "Paul Falvo" <falvo@yk.com>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:52:19 -0600

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!
Someone asked recently if her message to sust-mar got posted. That's a
question that comes up more than once, so I'm sending the answer to
everyone.

The bad news is that my internet access (and my memory) are limited! So,
normally I cannot answer this question.

The good news is that it's easy for you to find out. Here's how:

1. Unlike some mailing lists, YOU WILL receive a copy of your own message to
sust-mar. When it gets posted, you'll get a copy in your inbox, with
"sust-mar:" in the subject line.

2. If you're a digest subscriber, or your memory is as good (!) as mine, you
can check the archives.  http://chebucto.ca/lists/sust-mar

Bookmark this now so you can find it later!

If you don't see your message in the archives, I'd be willing to wager a
dollar or two that it's because you sent it with html coding in it.

Solution: resend your message in plain text format.

How: when you're sending it, go to the "Format" pull-down menu of your
emailer and select "Plain Text."  Voila!

~P :)

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca