sust-mar: Re: Investing in this for instance?

From: "Anne Rogal" <anne.rogal@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "Paul A Falvo" <pfalvo@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:20:04 -0400

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!
Hello folks,
If you want to help us with the project described below, please send, you
guessed it, money... to Nova Scotia Designer Crafts Council, 1113 Marginal
Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 4P7, clearly marked Nova Scotia Artisans to
Canada Blooms. A receipt will be issued by the crafts council, but it will
just be an ordinary receipt, not as a charitable donation. We are looking
for like-minded people to invest small amounts in our idea. Include photo(s)
of your garden, or a brochure for your small business and we will put it
into our portfolio to display at Canada Blooms, showing all the people who
think Nova Scotia's gardens are very special.

As artisans working together we are choosing to target the horticultural
travel niche market. We want to encourage people who enjoy quiet, earth
friendly pursuits, like gardening, to be visitors to our province. Who
knows, perhaps they will like it so much, they will stop wandering and plant
their own garden here!

Artisan Group Heads for Canada Blooms with a message from Nova Scotia
Imagine a small group of people, who want to do something for their
community. They live scattered across the province.  The community is very
large, diverse, lacks a formal title or central meeting place. The group
wants to focus wide attention on the community.

At 9 am February 29th, standing three levels below ground, group members
will watch as Richard Joules backs an Eassons Transport trailer up to a
the dust and din of display gardens under construction, to the Canada Blooms
marketplace.

Nova Scotia Artisans Garden! is about to take shape. Out of the bins will
come a profusion of whimsical and elegant garden inspired art. Bins will
become shelves and walls arranged to create a garden feel, to entice and
delight. "It's like we're the group of people that goes down to the
community hall and says, well, what shall we do this year, the strawberry
social, the blueberry festival and the codfish supper. Only some of us haven
't even met yet, our community exists in pockets all over the province, and
the hall where we're having our event is a 1000 sq ft piece of carpet in
Toronto."

Canada Blooms attracts 100,000 gardeners from across Canada, the US and
overseas, plus 200 members of the media. Nova Scotia Artisans Garden!
Abundant & Artful, from Nova Scotia hands to your garden.. emphasizes the
personal touch the makers put into what they create. Selling their work is
vital, but not the group's only focus. Knowing that Nova Scotia's garden
destinations are ready to be discovered, they want to deliver an invitation:
"Visit Nova Scotia, we have what you are seeking."

Doing the show will be intense. Later when someone back home, a B&B
operator, or garden club member says, "Another person came by who said they
met you at Canada Blooms,"  each artisan will have reason to smile: their
investment in the Garden Nova Scotia community is bearing fruit.

Contact: Anne Rogal, project co-ordinator, 902-535-2898,
anne.rogal@ns.sympatico.ca

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca