sust-mar: workshop announcement

From: "Eddie Oldfield" <eddie.oldfield@nb.lung.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:34:49 -0400

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!
The New Brunswick Climate Change Hub presents a two-day workshop, March
19-20, at the Fredericton Inn.  The workshop begins at noon (over lunch),
with our keynote speaker, Minister Brenda Fowlie (Environment and Local
Government).

The aim of the workshop is to provide municipalities and non-profit sector
with an opportunity to learn about different approaches to reducing
greenhouse gas emissions, initiating community-based challenges, citizen
engagement, and writing fund proposals.  Environment and Health non-profit
groups have an important role to play in raising awareness, engaging
citizens, building support for municipal leadership, and to spearhead local
action projects.  Details can be found on our website www.nbhub.org.  Please
register as space is limited - i.e. we will operate on a first come first
serve basis.  There are some funds available to help groups travel to and
attend our workshop.

The New Brunswick Climate Change Hub is funded by Federal and Provincial
governments to coordinate a diverse stakeholder group, consisting of
environment / health groups, educators and youth, three levels of
government, business and industry, etc.  We are working with the Federal
'One Tonne Challenge' and focussing our efforts to support community-level
action.  We assist municipalities to engage local citizens through
community-based challenges and awareness activities.  We encourage and
facilitate partnerships between community-based organizations and municipal
governments, as well as local business and industry, building a culture of
mutual support for reducing GHG emissions and our impact on the climate.

Please contact Ms. Bunthivy Nou if you have any questions about this
workshop: (506) 455-8961 ext 114, or Bunthivy.Nou@nb.lung.ca

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca