sust-mar: Excellent Events in Halifax in March (Water, Fish, MP Alexa, Sheila Fraser, Elizabeth May, Richard Gywnn, March for Peace)

From: "Tamara Lorincz" <tlorincz@dal.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:15:16 -0400

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!
Hello Snow Covered Friends!

Here is a great line-up of events in March - mark your calenders and
spread the word!

1. TALK ON WATER AT DAL ON MAR. 1
Water Grab - Is Canada's water protected?  What can we do?
A talk with Sara Ehrhardt, National Water Campaigner, The Council of
Canadians

Monday, March 1st, 7-9pm
Room 104, Weldon Law Bldg., Dalhousie University
6061 University Ave.

More info, contact Cliff at the Council of Canadians 422-7811,
cwhite@canadians.org
www.canadians.org

2. ALEXA SPEAKS AT DAL ON MAR. 4
WEAPONIZATION OF SPACE. CONTRACTING OUT TORTURE. SUSPENDING CIVIL
LIBERTIES. IS THIS THE CANADA OF OUR DREAMS?

Join ALEXA MCDONOUGH, MP for Halifax & NDP Peace Advocate, for a
discussion about achieving 'Security Through Justice'.
THURSDAY MARCH 4TH
NOON 12:00-1:00
DALHOUSIE LAW SCHOOL
6061 University Ave.
ROOM 105

*FREE PIZZA AVAILABLE
HOSTED BY DALHOUSIE LAW HOUR AND THE DALHOUSIE NDP CLUB
For more information please contact dalndp@yahoo.ca or call 423-9957

3. TALK ON FISH AT SMU ON MAR. 4
"How We Fish Counts: Incorporating Fishing Gear Impacts in Ecosystem
Management"
Ratana Chuenpagdee
Social Research for Sustainable Fisheries
St. Francis Xavier University
Remember there are only 10% of the large fish left - tuna, marlin, cod,
halibut could be extinct in our lifetime - we have to get serious about
this fishery and ocean crisis.