sust-mar: Tatamagouche Centre - First Nations PowWow program

From: "Wilf Bean" <wbean@tatacentre.ca>
To: "Sustainable Maritimes" <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:38:13 -0400

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!
PowWows are important social, cultural and spiritual events for First
Nations people.  Tatamagouche Centre, in partnership with the Wabanaki
Nations Cultural Resource Centre invites you to join us as guests at one (or
more) of the following PowWow's this summer. Everyone is welcome.

June 5, 6 - Pictou Landing First Nation, Nova Scotia

June 19, 20 - St. Mary's First Nation, New Brunswick

May 21, 22 - Panmure Island, PEI

Through our Good Neighbours project "Lnapskuk", we will provide a framework
and opportunity for discussion, reflection and learning on your experience.
We will also help you arrange logistics, camping, and so forth. Your hosts
will be

- gkisedtanamoogk, member of the Wampanoag Nation, co-coordinator of the
Aboriginal Rights Coalition - Atlantic and co-founder of the Wabanaki
Nations Cultural Resource Centre, and

- Margaret Tusz-King, adult educator and facilitator who works with the
Tatamagouche Centre and has been actively involved with regional First
Nations' issues.

For details and to register for this program, contact Tatamagouche Centre at
1-800-218-2220 or online at www.tatacentre.ca

You will then be contacted by Margaret or gkisedtanamoogk regarding the
particulars of when and where to meet. Registration cost $25.

Hoping to see you at the PowWow's,
Wilf Bean
Program Director
Tatamagouche Centre
for "personal wholeness and justice in the world"
www.tatacentre.ca

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca