sust-mar: Rally to stop the Spray - Tuesday, Aug. 31 at noon - Bring an Umbrella!

From: "Emily McMillan" <emilym@sierraclub.ca>
To: <emilym@sierraclub.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:26:26 -0300

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!
Please distribute! Sorry for Cross Postings!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone and thanks so much for taking action to help Stop the Spray
of herbicides on our forests.  We have had a great response of letters sent
to the Minister of Natural Resources and others (over 100 in 2 days!) and
many are asking what else can we do?!

RALLY TO STOP THE SPRAY

So, we thought it would be a good idea to organize a public rally - to put a
face to the people that will be affected by this spray program and to show
the government that we don't want to stand for it anymore.

It is short notice, but we really need a fast response so please come:

Tuesday, Aug. 31 over the noon hour at

NS Dept. of Natural Resources
1701 Hollis Street
Founders Square
Halifax, NS

I know this is far to come for some of you, but this is a really great
chance to push for changes to forest management practices in this province.

BRING AN UMBRELLA!

Our idea for visuals is for everyone to bring an umbrella and put a Stop the
Spray sign on it - not that umbrellas would protect us from this stuff, but
it gets the point across!

Please let me know if I can count on you coming,

Thanks again!

Emily
PS: Also Please let me know if you can't come but wanted to!

Emily McMillan
Director, Sierra Club of Canada - Atlantic Canada Chapter
1657 Barrington St., Suite 502
Halifax, NS, B3J 2A1
emilym@sierraclub.ca
Phone: 902-444-3113
Fax: 902-444-3116
www.sierraclub.ca/atlantic

One Earth...One Chance
Become a member today - Online!  Visit:
https://www.sierraclub.ca/national/getinvolved/join.php

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca