sust-mar: Very important: Please attend Demonstration Against President Bush in Halifax on Nov. 30

From: "Tamara Lorincz" <tlorincz@dal.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:30:57 -0400

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!

                               .

Please distribute widely!

**************************************

GIVE GEORGE W. BUSH THE WELCOME HE DESERVES!

Tuesday, November 30
5:00 pm Mock Trial & Rally
5:30 pm March to US Consulate
Victoria Park (corner of Spring Garden and South Park)

On Tuesday, November 30, George W. Bush will go on trial under Canada's
Crimes against Humanity and War Crimes Act at Victoria Park (corner of
Spring Garden and South Park) at 5 pm and you have been called to the
jury. After the trial at 5:30 pm, if you convict him, Bush will be
marched down to the US consulate office in Purdy's Wharf Tower II on
Lower Water St. and sent back to the US.

Our trial and march coincides with "Canadians Say No to Bush"
demonstrations taking place right across the country during Bush's
two-day visit to Ottawa. These Canadian demonstrations will get
international coverage, so we need a MASSIVE turnout to send a strong
and clear message to Ottawa and the rest of the world that we do not
want to follow the path of the US, we say NO to participating in
American Ballistic Missile Defence, and we condemn the US's the illegal
war & occupation of Iraq and its refusal to join international human
rights and environmental agreements. Please bring your placards along
with your co-workers, friends and family and help us spread the word!

We are also encouraging everyone to wear black clothes, armbands or
ribbons and/or to hang a black ribbon/flag from your house/office during
Bush's visit in Canada over Nov. 30 and Dec. 1. Black is for mourning
the death and destruction the US government has caused to other people
and to the environment. Canadians across the country will be wearing
black as well!

These events are organized by the Halifax Peace Coalition (HPC) Web
site: www.hfxpeace.chebucto.org / Email: hfxpeace@chebucto.ca

**************************************

Also, we are looking for people who can help with an information picket
in front of the office of SNC Lavalin on Spring Garden Road from 12-5pm
on November 30th. SNC Lavalin owns the Canadian company which is
providing one of the most basic necessities for the US occupation forces
in Iraq - bullets. SNC is part of a multinational consortium of
small-calibre ammunition producers whose purpose is to supply between
300-500 million more bullets to occupation forces per year, and
potentially for at least five years. Bullets kill people! According to
the John Hopkins study published recently in Lancet journal,
approximately 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women and children have been
killed since the U.S. invasion. The Halifax Peace Coalition calls on
SNC-Lavalin to cease participation in the illegal occupation of Iraq.
Email John at the Halifax Peace Coalition (HPC) jdimondg@dal.ca to
participate.

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca