sust-mar: EVENT ANNOUNCEMENTS: Two Ways to Give Bush the Welcome He Deserves on Nov. 30 & Dec. 1 in Halifax

From: "Tamara Lorincz" <tlorincz@dal.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:52:56 -0400

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!

                               .
(HIGHLY IMPORTANT: Please read & please circulate very far and wide)

TWO WAYS TO GIVE PRESIDENT BUSH THE WELCOME HE DESERVES IN HALIFAX!
*These are peaceful demonstrations!

**************************************

(1) TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30 - MOCK TRIAL & MARCH AT VICTORIA PARK AT 5 PM
5:00 pm Mock Trial & Rally 5:30 pm March to US Consulate Victoria Park
(corner of Spring Garden and South Park)

On Tuesday, November 30, George W. Bush will go on trial under Canada's
Crimes against Humanity and War Crimes Act at Victoria Park (corner of
Spring Garden and South Park) at 5 pm and you have been called to the
jury. After the trial at 5:30 pm, if you convict him, "Bush" will be
marched down to the US consulate office in Purdy's Wharf Tower II on
Lower Water St. and sent back to the US.

Our trial and march coincides with "Canadians Say No to Bush"
demonstrations taking place right across the country during Bush's
two-day visit to Ottawa. These Canadian demonstrations will get
international coverage, so we need a MASSIVE turnout to send a strong
and clear message to Ottawa and the rest of the world that we do not
want to follow the path of the US, we say NO to participating in
American Ballistic Missile Defence, and we condemn the US's the illegal
war & occupation of Iraq and its refusal to join international human
rights and environmental agreements. Please bring your placards along
with your co-workers, friends and family and help us spread the word!

We are also encouraging everyone to wear black clothes, armbands or
ribbons and/or to hang a black ribbon/flag OR a peace sign/flag from
your house/office during Bush's visit in Canada over Nov. 30 and Dec. 1.
Black is for mourning the death and destruction the US government has
caused to other people and to the environment. Canadians across the
country will be wearing black as well!

*Also, for university faculty & students please walk out in front of our
student unions for the national "WALK OUT AGAINST BUSH" on Tuesday at
NOON.

**************************************

(2) WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1 - RALLY AND MARCH AT GRAND PARADE AT 10 AM!

Please join us to call for peace and to condemn President Bush's
dangerous, unilateral policies & actions. Meet at the Grand Parade
square (1841 Argyle St. in front of City Hall) for a rally at 10:00 AM
and March at 10:15 AM to Pier 21. Please bring placards and banners.
Please also wear a black arm band for mourning - we will observe a
minute of silence for the deaths of innocent people in this "war on
terrorism". At Pier 21, we will be serving a warrant for the arrest of
George Bush for his war crimes and hanging up our banner "He's Not
Welcome". Spread the word. Canada and the rest of the world will be
watching us!

**************************************

CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO:
These events are organized by the Halifax Peace Coalition (HPC) with the
help of many concerned Canadians.
Web site: www.hfxpeace.chebucto.org
Email: hfxpeace@chebucto.ca
Phone: (902) 496-9209

*We can help with billeting for out of towners. Please contact us.

*FYI: In Halifax, on Tuesday, November 30 from 12:00-4:30 pm, the
Halifax Peace Coalition will also be setting up a picket and information
booth outside of the office of SNC-Lavalin at Park Lane Mall on Spring
Garden Rd. to denounce the company's participation in the manufacturing
of 300-500 million bullets for the U.S. military for their occupation of
Iraq. This Canadian company is producing bullets that injure and kill
Iraqi people. According to the John Hopkins study published recently in
Lancet journal, approximately 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women and
children have been killed since the U.S. invasion. The Halifax Peace
Coalition calls on SNC-Lavalin to cease participation in the illegal
occupation of Iraq.

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca