sust-mar: A special wish for the environment

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:05:42 -0400
From: friends@elements.nb.ca
To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  Thanks!

                               .
12/15/2004

> URGENT REQUEST of broad public interest.
> Please circulate this e-mail to everyone on your e-mail list.

Dear Friend of the Environment,

This holiday we have a special wish on our gift list:
the gift of a voice for our environment.

In New Brunswick, the right of citizens to speak  out on behalf of our
environment is under attack. Bennett Environmental is suing the
Conservation Council of New Brunswick and its staff, David Coon and
Inka Milewski, for statements they made concerning the hazardous waste
incinerator the company is planning on operating in Belledune.

It takes a lot of money to survive an attack like this.
This holiday season, give the gift of a voice to our environment.
Help David and Inka overcome Goliath.

For all gift donations, we will send a greeting card acknowledging
your holiday gift to your recipient. To make a gift donation, use the
convenient form on our website or e-mail friends@elements.nb.ca.

Regular donations can be made at any Bank of  Montreal, Bayview Credit
Union or York Credit Union. Cheques payable to the CCNB Legal Defence
can be sent to the Friends at 167 Creek Rd. Waterford, NB,  E4E 4L7,
506-433-6101, friends@elements.nb.ca.

We are also announcing  a new website for the Friends for the Legal
Defence of the  Conservation Council. It is chock full of news and
information on this  travesty. Visit us at www.nben.ca/friends.

THANK YOU!

From,

Friends for the Legal Defence of the Conservation Council
Jean Arnold, Falls Brook Centre
Daniel LeBlanc, Sentinelles Petitcodiac Riverkeeper
Charles Fournier, UNB Student Environmental Society

______________________________________
New Brunswick Environmental Network
Réseau environnemental du Nouveau-Brunswick  167 chemin Creek
Rd, Waterford, NB, E4E 4L7
Tel/Tél : (506) 433-6101
Fax/Téléc :
(506) 433-6111  nben@nbnet.nb.ca
http://www.web.ca/nben
e-zine: http://www.elements.nb.ca

Affiliate of / affilié
Canadian Environmental Network
Réseau canadien environnemental
http://www.cen-rce.org

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca