sust-mar: Workshop: Our Children's Health: Does environmental quality matter? March 17th

From: "Emily McMillan" <emilym@sierraclub.ca>
To: "SYC-Dal" <syc@dal.ca>,
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:19:52 -0400

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  In OE, select "Tools/Options/Send/"Plain Text"/Apply/Close." Thanks!

                               .
Please circulate:

Workshop: Our Children's Health: Does environmental quality matter?

Fabulous speakers including Lois Gibbs of Love Canal fame, and Loren
Vanderlinden of the Environmental Protection Office of Toronto Public
Health. Tell everyone you know!

Thursday, March 17, 2005, 9 - 4:30, Fredericton Inn

Register online: www.nben.ca/children.htm. Everyone welcome.

With over 4 billion kilograms of pollutants released into the
environment in Canada each year, medical professionals, educators and
parents are increasingly asking – what impacts are these pollutants
having on the health of our children? In New Brunswick, experts
predict that cancer rates will increase 23% over the next decade. We
know that the children are more highly exposed and more vulnerable
than adults to toxins, however there are many gaps in our
understanding of children’s environmental health issues.
This conference will look at the relationship between the environment
and children’s health. Speakers will present comprehensive
information and research, as well as offer their expertise and new
ideas for health promotion.

Emily McMillan
Director, Sierra Club of Canada - Atlantic Canada Chapter
1657 Barrington St., Suite 507
Halifax, NS, B3J 2A1
emilym@sierraclub.ca
Phone: 902-444-3113
Fax: 902-444-3116
www.sierraclub.ca/atlantic

One Earth...One Chance
Become a member today - Online!  Visit:
https://www.sierraclub.ca/national/getinvolved/join.php

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca