sust-mar: Two announcements: 1. Dump & Run Participation 2. Social & Responsibility Pledge

From: "Tamara Lorincz" <tlorincz@dal.ca>
To: <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:37:13 -0300

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  In OE, select "Tools/Options/Send/"Plain Text"/Apply/Close." Thanks!

                               .
Two announcements: 1. Dump & Run Participation 2. Social & Responsibility
Pledge

ATTN: All NGOs!

Environmental and social justice NGOs are invited to participate as an
exhibitor in the third annual Dalhousie Dump and Run, to be held Saturday,
April 30 at the Studley Gymnasium on the Dalhousie campus from 8am to 4pm.
The Dump and Run is organized by the Society for Corporate Environmental and
Social Responsibility (CESR) at Dalhousie. The Dalhousie Dump and Run is a
community garage sale/waste diversion project and environmental fair. Used
items are collected from the community and the student residences at
Dalhousie and then resold at a community yard sale. All proceeds from the
sale are donated to local charities and non-profit groups. There are also
exhibits and displays set up by local organizations to inform and educate
the public about important issues related to environment, sustainability,
peace, social justice, human rights and more, which is where you come in.
We would love it if a representative from your group would be able to come
and set up a display for all or part of the day to inform others about your
group. There is no fee to display. Please let CESR know if you can
participate.  You can check our website (below) for more information about
the Dump and Run or about CESR.

Clare Levin
CESR Co-Chair, 2004-05
The Society for Corporate Environmental and Social Responsibility (CESR)
Room #19 1318 Robie St. Dalhousie University
Fax: 902-494-3728
website: http://cesr.dsu.dal.ca/
email: cesr@dal.ca

Mailing address:
The Society for Corporate Environmental and Social Responsibility (CESR) c/o
School for Resource and Environmental Studies Dalhousie University 1322
Robie St. Halifax, Nova Scotia CANADA B3H3J5

ATTN: All Graduands!

It's that time of year again.  Everyone is busy with exams, final papers and
projects, and for some, graduation is fast approaching.  Graduation comes
with lots of big questions.  What will you do after graduation?  Where will
life take you, where will you live, and where will you work?  Through our
education and through our daily lives we have all come to hold personal
values related to environmental and social issues and responsibilities.  How
can we incorporate these into both our work and personal lives once we leave
the academic environment?

The Social and Environmental Responsibility (SER) Pledge is one way to do
that. Graduating students from all disciplines have the chance to take the
SER Pledge.  The Pledge gives students an opportunity to make graduation
more meaningful by incorporating the values that are important to them.
It's an opportunity for you to make a commitment to social and environmental
responsibilities in your future lives and careers.  This year marks the 4th
annual Pledge ceremony at Dalhousie, although the SER Pledge itself has been
around since 1987.

The pledge statement is: "I pledge to explore and take into account the
ethical, social and environmental consequences of any job I consider and
will try to improve these aspects of any organization for which I work."

The Pledge will take place on Monday, May 30th, at 1 p.m. - Student Union
Building at Dalhousie University - Third Floor, Room 316.

If you would like more information, or you would like to talk to someone
first hand about the pledge, please contact the Society for Corporate
Environmental and Social Responsibility (CESR) at cesr@dal.ca or Ramon Ryan
at ramona.ryan@dal.ca.  You can also check our website
(http://cesr.dsu.dal.ca) for more information.

If you would like to register to take the SER Pledge, please contact
Ramona.Ryan@dal.ca or Margie Boutilier at 494-2659.

The Society for Corporate Environmental and Social Responsibility (CESR)
Room #19 1318 Robie St. Dalhousie University
Fax: 902-494-3728
website: http://cesr.dsu.dal.ca/
email: cesr@dal.ca

Mailing address:
The Society for Corporate Environmental and Social Responsibility (CESR) c/o
School for Resource and Environmental Studies Dalhousie University 1322
Robie St. Halifax, Nova Scotia CANADA B3H3J5

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca