sust-mar: Bike racks on HRM buses

From: "Terry Mulcahy" <terrymulcahy@eastlink.ca>
To: "Paul A Falvo" <pfalvo@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:23:26 -0300

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  In OE, select "Tools/Options/Send/"Plain Text"/Apply/Close." Thanks!

                               .
According to a recent item reported by CBC Nova Scotia, Halifax Regional
Municpaility has taken delivery of one, of twenty, new "high tech" transit
buses. One of the new features of the new buses is that they sport bicycle
racks on the front so that cyclists can take their bikes into the city. So,
whether you own a bike that is a scrapped and rusty road warrior or a carbon
fibre ultra-lite, here is your opportunity to be car free in the city.

Where did we first read about that idea? I seem to remember that bike racks
on buses being discussed right here on Sustainable Maritimes about two or
three years ago! This proves that circulating new, innovative ways of doing
things is not always an abject waste of time.

Here is the link to the CBC Nova Scotia website:

http://novascotia.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ns-metrolink-bus20050412

Terry Mulcahy
PO Box 425
23 George Street
Sydney, NS
Canada B1P 6H2

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca