sust-mar: FW: Youth day:please circulate!

From: "Emily McMillan" <emilym@sierraclub.ca>
To: <emilym@sierraclub.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:06:26 -0300

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  In OE, select "Tools/Options/Send/"Plain Text"/Apply/Close." Thanks!

                               .
Hi

Please forward this to your youth contacts. There is still room for people
to register and we would like to make sure that as many young people as
possible are able to participate in this amazing day.

Thanks

Youth Day

       and “Rethinking Development”
               …… an Incredible Opportunity!

Monday June 20th, 2005 has been designated Youth Day at the International
Rethinking Development Conference, St. FX University, Antigonish with a
special series of workshops and events.

This one day, mini-conference for 12-18 year olds, is an amazing opportunity
to hear and work with some of the foremost thinkers taking action in the
world today.

Workshops include:

Honoring Children and the World We Want with Raffi
How Change Happens
How to be an Intelligent Media Consumer
SURVIVOR: the Consumer Culture
Building Natural Shelter
Imagine Your Community
Take Action Now! RETHINKINGDEVELOPMENT
Local Pathways to Global Wellbeing

Registration is $25 and includes lunch.
Call NOW. Deadlines have been extended.

Youth Day schedule:

10:00 am    Registration and Tour of the Recycled Art Exhibit
11:00 am    Workshop (your choice of the above)

12:30 pm    Lunch (provided)
1:30 pm     Workshop with Raffi on the question "How can we work
                 together to make this the world of our dreams - to turn the
world around?"
3:00 pm    Tour a clay bread oven in construction, and a Yurt (Mongolian
tent) and have some ice cream.
4:45 pm    Rethinking Development Opening Ceremonies (optional)
5:30 pm    Buffet Dinner (optional)

To register and for more information on line: http://www.gpiatlantic.org
<http://www.gpiatlantic.org/>
click: June 2005 Conference  then click: Youth Day Program, Registration.

Phone: Emily McMillan  (902) 444-3113              Fax (902) 444-3116
Email<emilym@sierraclub.ca <mailto:emilym@sierraclub.ca> >

Youth Day has been possible through a partnership with GPIAtlantic, Sierra
Club  of  Canada, HeartWood Centre Community Youth Development and Sealevel
Communications

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca