Lawlor IslandLawlor Island is 55 ha in size and located opposite MacCormicks Beach in Eastern Passage. The island is mainly forested and supports a colony of Great Blue Heron and many Osprey. Deer are often seen grazing in the fields on the island. Lawlor Island was farmed for nearly 100 years until 1870 when it was acquired for use as a quarantine station and hospital. Lawlor Island is not open to visitors.
|Thanks to Chebucto Community Net for providing our Web hosting!|
|| Home | Island Info | News| Planning Issues | Island Features | Image Gallery | Friends Society|