Halifax Area Record Stores
- HMV - City Centre Atlantic, Spring Garden Road -
- Revolution Records - 5189 Prince Street - (902)492-3930
- Books R' Us - 6050 Almon St. - (902)455-7832
- Terry's CDs & Cassettes - 1533 Barrington Street -
- Random Play - 1587 Barrington St. - (902)445-1056
- Taz Records - 1593 Market St -(902)422-5976
- Taz has an amazing selection of vinyl as well as CDs.
- Not really a record
store but if you're a member and are looking for a new release
they'll have a pretty good price.
- Costco Wholesale (Price Club) - 230 Chain Lake Drive,
Clayton Park West - (902)876-8700
- Also not really a
record store but for new releases their prices often
can't be beat.
- Future Shop - 208 Chain Lake Drive, Clayton Park West -
- Dartmouth Trading Post - 14 Highfield Park Dr. - (902)461-4847
- CD Heaven! - Dartmouth Shopping Centre - (902)464-0123
- Mainly used CDs, some new.
- Future Shop - 39 Micmac Blvd - (902)460-3780
- HMV - Micmac Mall - (902)463-3950
- Best Buy - Dartmouth Crossing - (902) 468-0075
- One of my two favourite
record stores (the other is Taz). The owners know their stuff and
are very approachable.New and used CDs & DVDs, used cassettes, used
video tapes and discs and tons of vinyl - LPs and singles. Also
some brand new vinyl. This store is well worth the trip out to
Bedford. While there, have lunch at The Chicken Burger diner & take out.
You'll thank me later!
- Select Sounds - 1475 Bedford Highway, Bedford -
A Note from Jim: When I visit a new city
the first thing I do is pop open the yellow pages and figure out
where all the record stores are located. Then I drag my wife
around to each and every one of them! In the process we find
areas that we may have never visited and end up seeing the
"real" city. This page is dedicated to my fellow record
collectors. Welcome to my city!