FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE
- Kevin Nugent, Chair
- David Towers, Society treasurer
The Finance and Administration Committee exists to provide financial
and administrative controls and procedures to the society and its
The Committee has:
- Suggested and implemented financial controls and procedures through
the recruitment of a qualified treasurer.
- Opened and maintained a bank account on behalf of the society;
- Received and recorded all monies collected on behalf of the society.
- Recorded and paid all bills incurred on behalf of The Society and
- Housed all minutes of all committees of the Society;
PLANS FOR THE COMING YEAR:
The committee will in the coming months:
- Organize and document the volunteer work done on a daily basis at
the Chebucto Free-Net office.
- Write and implement policies and procedures for the creation of public
and private mailing lists for interested groups.
- Write and implement policies and procedures for the creation of local
newsgroups by interested groups.