Terms of Reference
The Finance Committee exists to provide financial and administrative
controls and procedures to the society and its members.
The Committee shall:
- Suggest and implement financial controls and procedures to be
established by the board;
- Open and maintain a bank account on behalf of the society;
- Receive and record all monies collected with the approval of the
- Record and pay all bills incurred on behalf of The Society and
Chebucto Freenet with the approval of the board;
- Maintain an inventory of fixed assets;
- Provide records or reports requested of the treasurer for the board;
- Help with finding a permanent office for the society;
- House all minutes of all committees of the Society;
- House the Society's inventory including, but not limited to:
reports, literature, advertising material, pamphlets.
- Interface with the Membership committee for the purposes of designing
the membership procedure and maintaining accurate records of membership.