Sept. 8, 1994

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 1994 01:32:02 -0300
From: Kevin Alexander James Nugent
To: board-minutes

next message in archive
no next message in thread
previous message in archive
Index of Subjects

Metro Community Access Network Society
Board of directors meeting
September 8, 1994

Attending: David Murdoch, Dave Towers, K. Nugent, L. Jantek, P.
Henry, J. Brown-Hicks, B. Hart.

Agenda was changed to include information on upcoming demos and the
upcoming earth festival.

Demos: Five upcoming demos were specified and Kevin Nugent will
post the dates and places once all the information is available.

The to do list was reviewed and revised.

Peter Henry asked to sit on the nominating committee, perhaps as

Bernie Hart said that a status report for the membership committee
is under development.  Issues to address include:
- proof of age for new members,
- Number of names to attach to one registration,
- what is an institutional membership?
- procedure for dealing with bounced cheques.

Job postings:
Joan gave a report on the responses to the call for members to the
communications committee.  Several new members to that committee
were found.  Joan asked if we should organize the tasks required of
the communications committee.  It was decided that we should first
agree on the  purpose of the committee.

Provincial conference:
Bernie Hart passed out a tentative program.  Some groups were
identified who should be included in the conference.  Kevin and
Joan will get the information on TC's purpose to Bernie.
The next umbrella  group meeting will be on Wednesday September
14th, 5:00 at the provincial library.

There was some discussion of financing strategies and philosophy of
the upcoming conference.
Joan pointed out that this will be a private conference for
invitees only. The next one will be open.

December AGM:
Laura suggested that we focus on the AGM instead of a fall launch. 
We will start putting together a nominating committee.  There was
some discussion of who to put on the nominating committee. (Any

Kevin gave some examples of changes that should be considered for
the bylaws:
- Change "Firm of Auditors" to just "an auditor".
- Change the order of the AGM and the fiscal year end.
- Update the list of directors.
- Change who receives applications and monies for society
- Clarify the age limit for membership.
- Specify that email is written notice in all cases.

Next meeting will be 7:30, Tuesday Sept. 20 at Joan's.

Carlos announced that we will not prepare info for the upcoming
earth fest since there is not enough time to prepare.  We will try
to have a presence however.

Kevin Alexander James Nugent,
Board member, Metro [Halifax] Community Access Network Society.
Board member, Telecommunaute's Canada/Telecommunities Canada.
"Chebucto Free-Net, a new kind of community."

next message in archive
no next message in thread
previous message in archive
Index of Subjects