Read the entire message and check for followups before replying
In order to make this work effectively, do not change the subject field
when responding. That way messages can be paired together when you thread
Look to see if there is already sent a reply to a user's question.
The easiest and and most convenient way to do this, especially if you have
a full inbox is to thread your messages.
Reading each volunteers' reply will do the following:
- $ (dollar sign) for the "sort" command
- o to sort by o)rdered subject
- It will help prevent a new user from receiving two different
answers, or from receiving redundant messages.
- It shows respect for the other members of the team.
- You will know what has already been said, and what to add to the
existing answer, if you want to expand on it.
Sometimes two volunteers might be answering a question at the same
time. That cannot be helped. However, the Support and Training
committee (ccn-sat) is working on developing better methods
for the team, so that duplicates and conflicts can be avoided.
[Return to outline of Userhelp procedures]