Chebucto Suite Workshop 1
The first in a series of weekly workshops, to discuss, coordinate and
develop the features of Chebucto Suite (CSuite for short), was held
Wednesday November 29, 1995 at 4:30 p.m. in the Chase Building at
David Trueman, co-chair of Metro-CAN Society, presented an Overview of Chebucto Suite, using slides that can be found as pages
mounted on CCN in the ccn-tech area. Please see those pages for details.
(CSuite is the package of software, documentation, and support services
that is used to setup and run the Chebucto Community Network.)
A set of principles for the workshop series were agreed upon.
David Trueman presented a list of development activities planned for
CSuite. Those present chose areas of interest from the list.
- The workshop is the vehicle for on-going development of CSuite.
- Regular attendance is needed, not a lecture series to attend at will.
- Every member should play an active role in the workshop.
- Each meeting will include a presentation on some aspect of CSuite
- Informal sessions, that may continue into a social activity afterwards.
- Minutes of the discussions will be formatted in html to form the
first version of the Chebucto Suite Documentation.
- Minutes would also be mailed to members through a mailing list,
ccn-tech on CCN.
- Members would volunteer each week, in rotation, to record that session.
- David Murdoch was chosen to act as secretary / coordinator for the
- David Benoit - distribution
- Alan Chilton - password, searching
- Ed Dyer - pine/zmailer
- Peter Henry - documentation, design and user interface
- Chris Hensel - bulk mail, password, http, general
- David Murdoch - secretary, PAT software, bulk mailer
- David Pothier - authentication, caching http server
- David Potter - documentation
- David Robinson - bulk mail, caching server, searching
- Carol Sin - shell programming, CGI, router/network, documentation
- David Trueman - coordinator
- Matthew Wulfman - testing, documentation, PAT's
A preliminary schedule for workshop presentations was developed, with
presenters and dates to be set as we proceed:
- Dec 6 - Shell programming, led by David Trueman
- Dec 13 - CGI environment, Gerard MacNeil, David Trueman
- - Advanced HTML
- - Bulk mail system, David Murdoch
- - Mailing list management (majordomo) Trent
- - Distribution work / portability, David Benoit
- - Lynx internals, David Trueman
- - Automation, system administration
- - Security
- - PAT environment and software
If any of you notice any errors or omissions, please let us know.
This week's editor Ed Dyer aa146
On-line coordinator David Murdoch aa003
The Technical Team Page
the Technical Documentation
CCN's Home Page