Workers' Rights and Labour Standards in the New Global Economy"
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Community College Room Auditorium
This workshop will look at issues of human rights, focusing on these key issues:
- How to protect workers' rights and basic labour standards through "social clauses" in international trade agreements;
- Labour perspectives from the North and the South on such social clauses;
- Protecting workers' rights and labour standards in NAFTA and the proposed Free Trade Agreement of the Americas;
- The existing "side agreement" on labour cooperation; and,
- Strategies for building stronger links between trade unions and other popular organizations in the hemisphere.
Organizer: Canadian Labour Congress