CHEBUCTO CONNECTIONS HOME PAGE
Pages and IP Organization
That's it for this month. Next month, something completely different -
meaning, I don't have a clue what I'm going to write about!
What should we talk about next month? Do you have a suggestion? Please, send it to us.
- Standard Pages
- Have you noticed how our pages are looking similar now? The
Culture, Religion and
Philosophy page underwent a major design overhaul to follow CCN's
evolving page standards and now all of our pages have a common
- As with any other WWW project, our work will never be finished, but
we're trying to make it easier for our users to find the information and
allow for a quick identification of a CCN page on the Web.
- Thanks to Ben Armstrong, who is spearheading the project, and all our
editors who took the challenge.
- We would like to know how you
liked the changes.
- Wayne's Away
- By the time you read this, Wayne Grosko, our editor for "News and Events"
Support" will already left his virtual chair for a trip to the
Pacific. The hard life of an oceanographer ...
He'll be back, eventually, after trekking New Zealand (knowing Wayne, I
think he will criss-cross the island).
- Until Wayne returns, Ben Armstrong and Tony Cianfaglione have agreed to
share his editing responsibilities.
- Apprentice Editors
- Which reminds me, we are looking for apprentice editors to
assist our CCN editors. You need to know HTML, know the WWW on a
first name basis, and most importantly, work hard and for free!
- But seriously, we need more people. Knowledge of HTML and the Web is
obviously a must, but you don't need to be a web-master@ to apply. A
desire to learn is far more important.
- You can contact any of the editors
directly for the area which interests you.
- An Acronym by Any Other Name ... (thanks, Gerard)
- There seems to be some confusion with acronyms well known within our
group, but not so widely known by others. For example, an IP is an
Information Provider. IP's are simply an abstract term to refer to
the people or organizations who have signed the IP agreement. The people
who do the on-line editing are called, appropriately enough, IP editors
(IPE, for short). Any IP can have one or more editors. We actually think
every IP should have at least 2 IPEs, see below.
- All Information Providers are assigned their own unique mail alias.
Every e-mail sent to an IP mail alias
will actually be forwarded to all editors assigned to that group. That's
how the comment facility works. If you're using Lynx you can always press
'c' to send a comment to the owner of the page you're reading.
- Share with your friends
- Chebucto Suite software is designed to enable you to share the
workload among members of your organization. Even if you are not part of a
formal organization, other Chebucto Users can become part of your "IP
organization" and help out with the on-line editing chores. A dynamic Web
Site undergoes constant change and it can be a significant burden for any
As always, this issue of the IP Corner had a lot of help to be produced.
Thanks to Ben, Chris and Gerard for ideas and editing.
CHEBUCTO CONNECTIONS HOME PAGE
Chebucto Connections INFORMATION PROVIDERS CORNER
is edited by Ben
who is happy to receive Questions,
Comments or Suggestions.
If your browser does not support mail, write to Ben later at