Contact Us |
Public Download Area >>
Apple II & GS Software >>
Apple II Compression & Conversion Software
II Compression & Conversion Software
- BinSCII (by Todd Whitesel)
- A Basic program that allows downloaders to decode ASCII binary
files downloaded from CCN. Read the text file first to
learn how to 'EXEC' this program. For use on all Apple II's.
- ShrinkIt II
- An archiving utility needed to expand and compress files downloaded
from CCN. Similar to PKZIP for DOS. Will not work on GS files. Runs under
ProDOS 8. For use with all Apple II's. Use BinSCII to decode. Read the
provided text file to learn how to use this program.
- Apple DES v1.1
- A (D)ata (E)ncryption (S)tandard coding program for security when
transferring programs and text on CCN and the Internet. On-line
documentation. Use 'BinSCII' to decode. Use 'ShrinkIt' to expand. For
use on all Apple II's under ProDOS 8.
- X-Trax II
- A program that makes self-extracting files for use on CCN and the
Internet. Use 'BinSCII' to decode. May require 'ShrinkIt' to expand.
For use on all Apple II's.
- Pro ARC v1.0
- A compression utility allowing users to squeeze larger programs onto
smaller disk spaces. Read the text file for instructions. Use 'BinSCII'
to decode. May require 'ShrinkIt' to expand. Runs on all Apple's under
- CiderPress v3.0.1 (by Andy McFadden) (PC/Windows free/Open Source)
- A PC/Windows application to allow the access of many Apple II file
formats by a user with a PC. Download version 3.0.1 below or the latest
version directly from Faddensoft.
- DiskMaker 8 v1.1 by Mark Percival - Shareware $5.USD)
- An Apple II utility for converting software on disk images back to
physical media. Features quick formatting of 5.25" disks, booting new
disk (if created in drive 1), full support for DOS 3.3 volume numbers,
GSOS File Manager-like user interface allowing easy navigation through
volumes/directories, optional Apple mouse support, multiple image format
conversion capability including: DOS Order (.dsk), ProDOS Order (.po/hdv),
Universal Disk Image (.2mg) and DiskCopy v4.2/v6.
DM8 also supports AppleShare volumes for retrieving image files, fully
supports Disk ][ and SmartPort block devices for writing images,
automatically tells you which devices attached to your system matches the
size of the disk image you selected, ability to override the size matching
destination feature allowing you to use mismatching volume sizes such as
slot based RAM disks, automatically formats the destination disk if
required. Requires a 128K Enhanced Apple IIc/e/c+/GS. Runs under ProDOS
8 v 1.9 or later and needs, at least, two ProDOS 8 compatible storage
devices for source and target. The source needs to be large enough to
contain the disk image for target. Program is available is 3 downloadable
- ProTYPE v1.1 (Macintosh) by Dirk Froehling
- A Macintosh application that allows users to create Apple II files
with the proper filetype. ProTYPE converts files you drag & drop on it to
make them more useable with Apple II computers. It will strip resource
forks from text files, type the files correctly and convert Binscii files.
It will also preserve file/aux types of all kinds of files inside a
Binscii wrapper. It is scriptable (understands AppleEvents) and can be
used as a helper application for Internet programs so you can tell
Netscape or Anarchie to postprocess all .bsq files with ProTYPE, for
example. Author has classified it as GSWare-ware meaning pay the
shareware fees on a GS product you're using and this product is free. Use
a Mac unstuffing program to create the executable.