Before you become a Chebucto Volunteer, you may like to know a little
about the Chebucto Community Net Society, the Chebucto
Community Net (CCN) and the Chebucto volunteers.
- The Chebucto Community Net Society, which runs
Chebucto Community Net, is a not for profit community organization.
- Chebucto Community Net provides access to information about community
events, recreational, educational and cultural activities and business and
government information to the Halifax, Dartmouth and surrounding area.
- Chebucto Community Net provides access to the Internet but it is not
intended to be your Internet service provider nor to provide commercial
- Chebucto Volunteers serve as representatives of the CCN Society
to the community. They make presentations to interested community groups,
demonstrate the use of Chebucto as a community resource and assist at
trade shows and conferences.
- Volunteers provide guidance to users by electronic mail and through
- They also supply the on-line documentation and deliver the training
programs to help individuals use the features of the system.
- They provide administrative and clerical support to keep the
Community Net growing.
- Chebucto Volunteers design and implement the primary user interface to
provide a logical presentation of the information available from
- They are also constantly working to improve and upgrade the software
used on the system.
- The CCN Society, through the Board of Directors, appoints
volunteers to negotiate service contracts and to form partnerships with
other organizations for special events and to provide public access
Benefits of Volunteering
Preparing to be a Volunteer
Chebucto Community Net Home Page