Chebucto Community Net
CAP Select Account User
Mission of Chebucto Community Net
Chebucto Community Net was established for the benefit of the community.
Its mission is to:
- support community groups in outreach, community
service, and professional development
- enhance opportunities for sustainable, community-based
- foster communication among individuals and the
institutions that serve them
- help meet personal and professional needs
- create a favourable environment for business and
- This represents the complete Agreement between the Chebucto
Community Net (CCN) and the recognized Community Access Program
[CAP] site organization (the Account Holder) applying for a
CAP Select Account. All clauses of this Agreement are in effect
upon approval of the Account Application. This Agreement supersedes any
prior agreements, written or oral, between the Account Holder and CCN. CCN
may revise the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the services
available through the CAP Select Account category (including terms,
conditions, and/or prices) at any time without prior notice and such
modifications will take effect upon being posted upon the CCN website or
on the date stated in the Agreement, if a date is so stated. The Account
Holder's continued use or access to CCN will constitute acceptance of the
- Use of CCN, its services and privileges may be suspended, restricted
or removed by CCN, without notice, for any activity which CCN, in its sole
discretion considers to be a violation of the letter or spirit of this
Agreement or for any other reason that CCN may consider to be compelling.
- The Account Holder accepts the login ID(s) assigned by CCN and will
not use any other person or group's account(s) or login ID(s). The Account
Holder is responsible for the security of account passwords and for the
online actions of any person, authorized or unauthorized, who uses the
Account Holder's account(s).
- The Account Holder represents that all information supplied by the
Account Holder to CCN is complete and accurate and that the Account Holder
will notify CCN of any changes to this information in a timely manner.
- The Account Holder will not post any illegal, unlawful or defamatory
content or information on or through its CCN account or use the account
for any illegal or unlawful purpose. CCN may remove, without prior notice,
any content or information that CCN considers to be illegal, unlawful,
defamatory or otherwise not consistent with the objectives of CCN, or
contrary to the letter or the spirit of this Agreement.
- The Account Holder will not use CCN services in such a way as to
disrupt CCN or impair CCN services, or disrupt or impair the operations or
services of any remote systems.
- The Account Holder will not forward chain letters, post messages to
multiple newsgroups or other forums where the topic of the message does
not correspond to the designated topic of the newsgroup or forum, or send
unsolicited bulk or commercial messages, mail or posts whether sent
directly from CCN or using CCN's facilities to send via some other
computer on the internet. The Account Holder agrees not to knowingly
upload to any computers on the internet any files containing computer
viruses, trojan horse programs or other data in any form designed to
disrupt the operation or function of computer systems.
- CCN reserves the right to screen incoming and outgoing mail and/or
data for files containing computer viruses, trojan horse programs,
worms or other data in any form designed to disrupt the operation or
function of computer systems. CCN reserves the right to screen
incoming or outgoing mail for unsolicited bulk and/or commercial email.
CCN is under no obligation to screen incoming or outgoing mail and/or
data and will not be responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental or
consequential damages sustained in relation to any screening or failure
to screen incoming or outgoing mail and/or data.
- The Account Holder shall not send unsolicited or harassing email,
or attempt to circumvent security or access control on any system. The
Account Holder will not engage in the resale of CCN services without prior
written consent of CCN. The Account Holder will not host web pages for
any individual, group or business other than for its own organization, and
will direct all requests for such hosting to the Chebucto Community Net.
- CCN assumes no responsibility or liability for any files, mail, or
other data contained within any account. All files, mail or other data
are the sole responsibility of the Account Holder.
- The Account Holder acknowledges that copyright laws may apply to
information on or gathered through CCN. The Account Holder acknowledges
that their account can access numerous sites on the Internet and that
obscene and/or objectionable material may be present. The Account Holder
uses any information gathered through CCN at their own risk. CCN is not
responsible for the content, nature or suitability of information
available through its service.
- CCN makes no representation that it will be operational at any
particular time. The Account Holder hereby releases CCN, the CCN Society,
its Officers, Directors, employees and agents from any and all claims
arising from malfunction or operational difficulties with CCN, being
unable to use CCN at any particular time or at all, or for any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential damages sustained in relation to the
use, operation or inability to use CCN.
- The Account Holder will indemnify CCN for any loss or damage
caused to or suffered by CCN by reason of the Account Holder's use or
misuse of CCN.
- The Account Holder is expressly prohibited from simultaneous or
concurrent logins to the CCN service which use more than one telephone
connection except where such access has been arranged or contracted
for in advance between the Account Holder and CCN.
- The Account Holder is required to put a "Hosted by Chebucto Community
Net" graphic and web link on their web site title page. The source code
for this link will be supplied to the Account Holder by CCN.
- All fees are payable in advance and are non-refundable.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing, all fees are renewable on an
annual basis, one year from
the date the account or service was activated.
- There shall be an additional charge of $25 for any cheque, automatic
withdrawal or debit card transaction returned or refused by the bank for
any reason, or for any credit card transaction which after having been
processed by CCN is refused for any reason.
- CAP Select Accounts will be suspended 30 days after the renewal
date if fees owing have
not been paid in full.
The undersigned have read and agree to abide by all the terms and
conditions of this Agreement.
Signed this ______ day of ______________, 20__.
Please Print Below:
Signing Officer representing the CAP site organization:
(Any names subject to availability and approval)
Name of Edit/Admin Account [3 - 7 characters; no spaces, all lower
Password for Edit/Admin Account [We recommend 6 - 8 characters]:
Website Directory Name [Must begin with upper case letter; no
Mailing List Name [Required; 3 - 8 characters; we recommend all
lower case; CANNOT BE ALREADY IN USE OR SAME AS EDIT/ADMIN ACCOUNT
Second Mailing List Name [Optional; 3 - 8 characters; we recommend
all lower case; CANNOT BE ALREADY IN USE OR SAME AS EDIT/ADMIN ACCOUNT
Number of CAP site email accounts required [0 to 5]
Is a Chebucto Plus 56 K dialup access account requested? [Yes/No]
Back to Services