Chebucto Community Net
Neighbourhood Account User Agreement
Mission of Chebucto Community Net
Chebucto Community Net was established for the benefit of the community. Its mission is to:
- support community groups in outreach, community service, and professional development
- enhance opportunities for sustainable, community-based economic development
- foster communication among individuals and the institutions that serve them
- help meet personal and professional needs
- create a favourable environment for business and employment growth.
- This represents the complete Agreement between the Chebucto
Community Net (CCN) and the individual, group or organization (the
Account Holder) applying for a Neighbourhood Account. All
clauses of this Agreement are in effect upon approval of the Account
Application. This Agreement supersedes any prior agreements, written or
oral, between the Account Holder and CCN. CCN may revise the terms and
conditions of this Agreement and the services available through the
various Neighbourhood Account categories (including terms, conditions,
and/or prices) at any time without prior notice and such modifications
will take effect upon being posted upon the CCN website or on the date
stated in the Agreement, if a date is so stated. The Account Holder's
continued use or access to CCN will constitute acceptance of the amended
- Use of CCN, its services and privileges may be suspended, restricted
or removed by CCN, without notice, for any activity which CCN, in its sole
discretion considers to be a violation of the letter or spirit of this
Agreement or for any other reason that CCN may consider to be compelling.
- The Account Holder accepts the login ID(s) assigned by CCN and will
not use any other person or group's account(s) or login ID(s). The Account
Holder is responsible for the security of account passwords and for the
online actions of any person, authorized or unauthorized, who uses the
Account Holder's account(s).
- The Account Holder represents that all information supplied by the
Account Holder to CCN is complete and accurate and that the Account Holder
will notify CCN of any changes to this information in a timely manner.
- The Account Holder will not post any illegal, unlawful or defamatory
content or information on or through its CCN account or use the account
for any illegal or unlawful purpose. CCN may remove, without prior notice,
any content or information that CCN considers to be illegal, unlawful,
defamatory or otherwise not consistent with the objectives of CCN, or
contrary to the letter or the spirit of this Agreement.
- The Account Holder will not use CCN services in such a way as to
disrupt CCN or impair CCN services, or disrupt or impair the operations or
services of any remote systems.
- The Account Holder will not forward chain letters, post messages to
multiple newsgroups or other forums where the topic of the message does
not correspond to the designated topic of the newsgroup or forum, or send
unsolicited bulk or commercial messages, mail or posts whether sent
directly from CCN or using CCN's facilities to send via some other
computer on the internet. The Account Holder agrees not to knowingly
upload to any computers on the internet any files containing computer
viruses, trojan horse programs or other data in any form designed to
disrupt the operation or function of computer systems.
- CCN reserves the right to screen incoming and outgoing mail and/or
data for files containing computer viruses, trojan horse programs,
worms or other data in any form designed to disrupt the operation or
function of computer systems. CCN reserves the right to screen
incoming or outgoing mail for unsolicited bulk and/or commercial email.
CCN is under no obligation to screen incoming or outgoing mail and/or
data and will not be responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental or
consequential damages sustained in relation to any screening or failure
to screen incoming or outgoing mail and/or data.
- The Account Holder shall not send unsolicited or harassing email,
or attempt to circumvent security or access control on any system. The
Account Holder will not engage in the resale of CCN services without prior
written consent of CCN.
- CCN assumes no responsibility or liability for any files, mail, or
other data contained within any account. All files, mail or other data
are the sole responsibility of the account holder.
- The Account Holder acknowledges that copyright laws may apply to
information on or gathered through CCN. The Account Holder acknowledges
that his/her account can access numerous sites on the Internet and that
obscene and/or objectionable material may be present. The Account Holder
uses any information gathered through CCN at his/her own risk. CCN is not
responsible for the content, nature or suitability of information
available through its service.
- CCN makes no representation that it will be operational at any
particular time. The Account Holder hereby releases CCN, the CCN Society,
its Officers, Directors, employees and agents from any and all claims
arising from malfunction or operational difficulties with CCN, being
unable to use CCN at any particular time or at all, or for any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential damages sustained in relation to the
use, operation or inability to use CCN.
- The Account Holder will indemnify CCN for any loss or damage
caused to or suffered by CCN by reason of the Account Holder's use or
misuse of CCN.
- The Account Holder is expressly prohibited from simultaneous or
concurrent logins to the CCN service which use more than one telephone
connection except where such access has been arranged or contracted
for in advance between the Account Holder and CCN.
- All fees are payable in advance.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing, all fees are renewable on an annual basis, one year from
the date the account or service was activated.
- There shall be an additional charge of $25 for any cheque, automatic withdrawal or debit card
transaction returned or refused by the bank for any reason, or for any credit card which after
having been processed by CCN is refused for any reason.
- Neighbourhood Accounts will be suspended 30 days after the renewal date if fees owing have
not been paid in full.
- CCN may, at its discretion, waive fees. CCN reserves the right to reinstate such fees at any
time upon 30 days written notice to the Account Holder. All fee waivers are for a maximum period
of one year, at which time CCN will provide 30 days written notice to the Account Holder should
CCN decide not to waive the fees for the next year.
The undersigned have read and agree to abide by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Signed this ______ day of ______________, 20__.
Please Print Below:
Organization or business name:_____________________________________________________
Postal Code:_____________________ Telephone:_________________________________
Signing Officer representing the group or organization:
Webmaster or Editor of the Account Holder's site:
(Any names subject to availability and approval)
Name of Edit/Admin Account [3 - 8 characters; we recommend all lower
Password for Edit/Admin Account [We recommend 6 - 8 characters]:
Subject Index [Please see http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/subject.shtml
for available choices]:
Website Directory Name [Must begin with upper case letter; no
Mailing List Name [Required; 3 - 8 characters; we recommend all
lower case; CANNOT BE ALREADY IN USE OR SAME AS EDIT/ADMIN ACCOUNT NAME]:
Second Mailing List Name [Optional; 3 - 8 characters; we recommend
all lower case; CANNOT BE ALREADY IN USE OR SAME AS EDIT/ADMIN ACCOUNT NAME]:
Back to Services Page