[NatureNS] hawks

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:53:10 -0300
From: Angela Joudrey <aljoudrey@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi John,

Sorry it took so long to respond.

I know what tree you mean, there's often a hawk there. I've always
assumed it was a redtail based on the coloring in the middle of it's
chest.

The only reason I didn't think that these two were red tails was that
they were being very vocal ( first time I've heard them ) and the
fields had just been hayed. So..I figured they were new.

There were 3 of them today! Circling and calling.

And yes, there was ungodly amounts of noise last weekend! I live on
Underwood Drive and the I could every word of the announcer and every
rumble of every car / truck! Only once a year............

Thamks,
Angela