[NatureNS] Spotting Scope

From: Fritz McEvoy <fritzmcevoy@hotmail.com>
To: NS NATURE <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 18:47:06 -0300

yl
--_3b813e04-3bef-4b60-bf10-ea9db0454f89_

Hi All=2C

   I've used Canon 12/36 IS bins for a number of years and as Richard said =
there are good and bad features.=20

   On the good side the IS feature works very well and is particularly good=
 for hawk watching=2C observing birds from boats or in windy conditions. Th=
ey would be my first choice for a whale watcher although they are only wate=
r resistant not waterproof. The biggest negative is the weight=3B they're h=
eavy and on a long hike can put a groove in your neck.=20

    The optics are great although the FOV is not as good as some other mode=
ls in the same price range.=20

    As to cost I would say they fall in the mid to high price range.=20

    They work OK for me (they are set up for my particular eye problems) bu=
t would caution that you should take them on a test drive before buying. Al=
l the best.

                   Fritz McEvoy=20
                    Sunrise Valley=2C CB (near Dingwall)