[NatureNS] Barn swallows

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:08:32 -0300
From: "Margaret E.Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I went to Port L'herbert to the old crab plant to see if I could get photos.
Last time I was there the windows were all smashed out. I thought to maybe
paint it. This time the windows on the lower lever were boarded up but many
swallows were zipping in and out. Out toward the upharbour side is a biggish
vacant low roofed storage building open and there were a number of swallow
nests occupired up in the griders. Little ones peeking out at me. When momma
said sit down they all disappeared. Poof gone!! I didn't stay to disturb
them but I did get a quick photo. What a  well built nest from below.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
http://margmillard.ca