[NatureNS] Feeders

From: Hubcove@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 16:02:55 EST
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca

-------------------------------1261947774

Filled the feeders yesterday after a couple of days away with no food and
it was interesting to see the sequence of arrivals of my regular visitors.
The  chickadees were taking food while I was still filling followed very
quickly but  an RB nuthatch. Within the hour half a dozen goldfinches and the
usual Jays had  arrived. It took another hour for my regular hairys and downys
to come back for  the suet and when we had an open house in the afternoon,
there were 4 WPs  putting on a show for the visitors. We are fortunate that
although there are no  other feeders close by, we do back on to fairly dense
forest. Nothing unusual  over the holiday except for a brown creeper at the
Pine Hill  Cemetery.
Peter Stow
Hubbards

-------------------------------1261947774

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16466"></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" id=3Dr=
ole_body=20
bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7><FONT id=3Dr=
ole_document=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV>Filled the feeders yesterday after a couple of days away with no food=
 and=20
it was interesting to see the sequence of arrivals of my regular visitors.=
 The=20
chickadees were taking food while I was still filling followed very quickl=
y but=20
an RB nuthatch. Within the hour half a dozen goldfinches and the usual Jay=
s had=20
arrived. It took another hour for my regular hairys and downys to come bac=
k for=20
the suet and when we had an open house in the afternoon, there were 4&nbsp=
;WPs=20
putting on a show for the visitors. We are fortunate that although there=
 are no=20
other feeders close by, we do back on to fairly dense forest. Nothing unus=
ual=20
over the holiday except for a brown creeper at the&nbsp;Pine Hill=20
Cemetery.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Peter Stow</DIV>
<DIV>Hubbards</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>