Poison Ivy: was Re: [NatureNS] blackfly bites, or what are they

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:32:04 -0300

Hi Paul & All,                    Aug 26, 2010
    Poison Ivy Is relatively common in the eastern half of Kings Co. but can
be readily missed even here because the plant distribution is highly
clustered; e.g. 4 patches of cheek-to-jowl plants that total 2000 sq paces
in 50 acres.

    It can be an irritation but even if one could eradicate some patches at
great cost, the resultant bare ground would simply give more invasive plants
a toehold.

YT, DW, Kentville