[NatureNS] Owl Carnage on the TCH 104

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 15:22:09 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_LOtmZbqeyBxeTtO88m+77w)

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi all
Early this morning near sunrise, Rick Ferguson and I were heading to Big I. to do some birding when we came across a road kill, headless Owl- likely a Great Horned Owl on the TCH 104 near exit 26 just north east of New Glasgow. Less than a km later were encountered a second dead owl, this one with a head and definitely a Great Horned Owl. We were greatly saddened to see 2 dead raptors in one morning. Even worse is that the two deaths occurred near where a known nest tree was saved from logging this spring while the young were still on the nest.
sadly reporting
Ken

--Boundary_(ID_LOtmZbqeyBxeTtO88m+77w)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18939">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ken McKenna<BR>Box 218 Stellarton NS<BR>B0K
1S0<BR>902 752-7644</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><BR>Hi all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Early this morning near sunrise, Rick Ferguson and
I were heading to Big I. to do some birding when we came across a road kill,
headless Owl- likely a Great Horned Owl on the TCH 104 near exit 26 just north
east of New Glasgow. Less than a km later were encountered a second dead owl,
this one with a head and definitely a Great Horned Owl. We were greatly saddened
to see 2 dead raptors in one morning. Even worse is that the two deaths occurred
near where a known nest tree&nbsp;was saved from logging this spring while the
young were still on the nest. &nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>sadly reporting</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ken</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_LOtmZbqeyBxeTtO88m+77w)--