[NatureNS] Tree Swallow

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 02:14:17 +0000

--_8301e56f-15b9-41f3-8609-e1a5a0488437_

David Walmark had a tree swallow in Kingsburg today.

=20

I took a bird outing to many of my favourite haunts and it was very quiet. =
 Out of three locations I could ony find 11 species.  Overall=2C I just hit=
 a little over 30 species.  Clearland=2C the Fauxburg Trail and Garden Lots=
 were all but vacant of birds.  For warblers I had only a few yellow-rumped=
=2C and one black-throated green warbler from the three locations.  The Bac=
k Harbour Trail in Lunenburg provided the best groups of birds.  I counted =
nine common yellowthroats there and one yellow warbler.  One song sparrow s=
till had enough fuzz on it that I suspect it could not fly yet.  A juvenile=
 red-eyed vireo was begging for food and the adult took a jab at it in the =
stomach to make it move away.  There were two gray catbirds=2C lots of Amer=
ican robins and cedar waxwings.  Mountain ash berries and other fruiting bu=
shes were abundant so there is a plentiful food supply there. =20

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		  =

--_8301e56f-15b9-41f3-8609-e1a5a0488437_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
David Walmark had a tree swallow in Kingsburg today.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I took a bird outing to many of my favourite haunts and it was very quiet.&=
nbsp=3B Out of three locations I could ony find 11 species.&nbsp=3B Overall=
=2C I just hit a little over 30 species.&nbsp=3B Clearland=2C the Fauxburg =
Trail and Garden Lots were all but vacant of birds.&nbsp=3B For warblers I =
had only a few yellow-rumped=2C and one black-throated green warbler from t=
he three locations.&nbsp=3B The Back Harbour Trail in Lunenburg provided th=
e best groups of birds.&nbsp=3B I counted nine common yellowthroats there a=
nd one yellow warbler.&nbsp=3B One song sparrow still had enough fuzz on it=
 that I suspect it could not fly yet.&nbsp=3B A juvenile red-eyed vireo was=
 begging for food and the adult took a jab at it in the stomach to make it =
move away.&nbsp=3B There were two gray catbirds=2C lots of American robins =
and cedar waxwings.&nbsp=3B Mountain ash berries and other fruiting bushes =
were abundant so there is a plentiful food supply there.&nbsp=3B <BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_8301e56f-15b9-41f3-8609-e1a5a0488437_--