[NatureNS] Updates

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 01:56:17 +0000

--_b33ee520-a754-4a75-8f0c-a7900eec1fa5_

Hi all:

=20

I was extremely angry tonight.  I met David Walmark at Hirtle's Beach and t=
he beach itself was deserted except for a man a woman and a child. David ha=
d arrived a little before me and there were shorebirds=2C terns=2C gulls an=
d other birds on the spit of Hirtle's Pond.  The people who had the whole b=
each to walk on decided to walk out on the spit and have a great time jumpi=
ng up and down and waving their arms to chase each and every bird away.  Wh=
en I arrived the spit was empty and all of the good birds were gone.  I was=
 very disappointed to say the least.  Some people just have no brains or kn=
owledge about the natural world around them and live in a world entirely on=
 their own.  Those birds having come so far needed a place to rest and roos=
t before their long trip back home and there was no need to disturb them.  =
Anyhow=2C needlessly to say there was no sign of the snowy plover there and=
 we did not locate it at Kingsburg Beach either.  At Hirtle's Beach I did s=
ee two Forster's terns=2C five black-headed gulls=2C 12 laughing gulls=2C 2=
 black skimmers=2C green-winged teal for three=2C blue-winged teal for six=
=2C and a lifer royal tern.  At Kingsburg there were 11 ring-necked ducks a=
nd a northern harrier.  I also saw numbers of shorebirds on Kingsburg Beach=
.  We had numbers of laughing gulls there too.  At Conrad's Island Beach (S=
and Dollar Beach) at Lower Rose Bay=2C there was a lone Black skimmer.

=20

James R. Hirtle

Bayport
 		 	   		  =

--_b33ee520-a754-4a75-8f0c-a7900eec1fa5_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
Hi all:<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
I was extremely angry tonight.&nbsp=3B I met David Walmark at Hirtle's Beac=
h and the beach itself was deserted except for a man a woman and a child. D=
avid had arrived a little before me and there were shorebirds=2C terns=2C g=
ulls and other birds on the spit of Hirtle's Pond.&nbsp=3B The people who h=
ad the whole beach to walk on decided to walk out on the spit and have a gr=
eat time jumping up and down and waving their arms to chase each and every =
bird away.&nbsp=3B When I arrived the spit was empty and all of the good bi=
rds were gone.&nbsp=3B I was very disappointed to say the least.&nbsp=3B So=
me people just have no brains or knowledge about the natural world around t=
hem and live in a world entirely on their own.&nbsp=3B Those birds having c=
ome so far needed a place to rest and roost before their long trip back hom=
e and there was no need to disturb them.&nbsp=3B Anyhow=2C needlessly to sa=
y there was no sign of the snowy plover there and we did not locate it at K=
ingsburg Beach either.&nbsp=3B At Hirtle's Beach I did see two&nbsp=3BForst=
er's terns=2C five black-headed gulls=2C 12 laughing gulls=2C 2 black skimm=
ers=2C green-winged teal for three=2C blue-winged teal for six=2C and a lif=
er royal tern.&nbsp=3B At Kingsburg there were 11 ring-necked ducks and a n=
orthern harrier.&nbsp=3B I also saw numbers of shorebirds on Kingsburg Beac=
h.&nbsp=3B We had numbers of laughing gulls there too.&nbsp=3B At Conrad's =
Island Beach (Sand Dollar Beach) at Lower Rose Bay=2C there was a lone Blac=
k skimmer.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
James R. Hirtle<BR>
Bayport<BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_b33ee520-a754-4a75-8f0c-a7900eec1fa5_--