[NatureNS] Earl - Southern Butterfly Alert

From: "John Klymko" <jklymko@mta.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:00:42 -0300

Common Buckeye is an amazing find, there are very few records from anywhere in the Maritimes! This species appears to be having a very good year, there was another sight record of this species in Charlotte County, NB, on July 27. This is the time of year when other vagrants could show up. Possibilities, including some real long shots,  include Fiery Skipper, Little Yellow, Cloudless Sulphur, and Variegated Fritillary.

I encourage anyone who this or any other vagrants to submit specimens or photographs to the Maritimes Butterfly Atlas. Please take a look at http://accdc.com/butterflyatlas.html for more information.

As always, the Atlas is also interested in any butterfly species from anywhere in the Maritimes!

Cheers,
John Klymko
Martimes Butterfly Atlas Director
Atlantic Canada Conservation Data Centre
PO Box 6416, Sackville, NB E4L 1G6
(506)364-2660(tel); (506)364-2656(fax)
http://www.accdc.com