[NatureNS] Baltimore Orioles, Olive-sided Flycatcher, Solitary Sandpiper Pt Pleasant Park

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 06:40:30 -0300
Cc: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

Hi all,

Before Hurricane Juan, I never thought I'd see three cardinals, two
orioles, an Olive-sided Flycatcher, and the still-easy-to-tick
Solitary Sandpiper on a quick post-work dog walk, just in the small
area bordered by Bridal Path, Hemlock Walk, Fir Walk, Maple Walk, and
Birch Road.

There's now tons of berry- and bug-rich cover all over the park, so
there could be all sorts of stuff in there.

Every destructive force of nature has a silver lining.

Cheers,
Andy Horn
Halifax