[NatureNS] Brier Island Weekend

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:22:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Suzanne Borkowski <suzanneborkowski@yahoo.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Jill MacLean <macford@ns.sympatico.ca>

=2C an eastern bluebird=2C and a fulmar to mention a few.
--0-1753201244-1285262550=:56201

Hi James;
=A0
Thanks for posting this report.
=A0
It should be noted that Dorothy Poole was the one who noticed and identifie=
d the Broadwinged Hawks kettling overhead and showed them to David Walmark =
and myself.=A0 Thanks, so much, Dorothy!
=A0
James, I also loved your notes on what you saw on the way home.=A0 Jill Mac=
Lean and I drove Marsh Road between Digby Neck and Hwy #101 and were treate=
d to a close encounter with a Buff-breasted Sandpiper!=A0 It was right on t=
he road between our two cars.=A0 Thank goodness we were driving slowly arou=
nd all those potholes!=A0 Jill saw it first and identified it.=A0 I backed =
up when I saw she had stopped but she waved at me to stop.=A0 We both got o=
ut of our cars and watched this beautiful little golden sandpiper fearlessl=
y feeding on the road and at the edge of the grass for about 10-15 minutes.=
=A0 It=A0worked its way to the front of my car, and then as we slowly drove=
 around it, it still didn't take off - just kept on feeding.
=A0
At the French Basin Trail in Annapolis we saw lots of ducks, mainly Blue-wi=
nged Teal, and a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak.
=A0
Cheers;
Suzanne
=A0