flight: was Re: [NatureNS] Wasp question (long)

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 20:03:28 -0300

Hi Steve & All,                Oct 3, 2010
    Haldane appears to have ignored the debates, in Roger Bacon's time,
about how many angels could sit on the head of a pin. These tiny angels
could no doubt fly with ease but how would an illustrator get one to sit
still long enough to be painted ? Probably why they painted only large
angels.

    On a related matter, I continue to marvel at how much air time a typical
insect can log on tiny sips of food.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville