[NatureNS] e-bird

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 14:28:55 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0016367b60704e98c804943d7f3e

I agree with this sentiment, and have recently started reporting stuff to
Ebird. I would also encourage others to do so.

Richard

--
#################
Dr.R.B.Stern,

Richard Stern,
317 Middle Dyke Rd.
Port Williams, NS, Canada
B0P 1T0

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--0016367b60704e98c804943d7f3e

 to Ebird. I would also encourage others to do so.</div>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">Hello All,<br><br>I would like t=
o encourage all birders or anyone that just enjoys birds from their backyar=
d to check out eBird. eBird is an online database where you can submit your=
 bird observations. It is developed by Cornell and is quickly becoming very=
 popular with birders around the world. The data from you observations can =
then be used to track all kinds of things and be used in scientific analysi=
s. It is also a perfect way to keep track of all your records as well as lo=
ok up a whole slough of information on birds of any particular area. I star=
ted using eBird this summer and it has made me a more conscious observer in=
 the field and makes my observations useful in a broader scientific scale. =
Currently, very few people in Nova Scotia use eBird regularly to submit the=
ir checklists. I would encourage you to start today because this would cont=
ribute tremendously to the province&#39;s database and allow for the long-t=
erm tracking of bird movements throughout Nova Scotia. eBird even allows yo=
u to upload any old checklists that you may have on paper or in other birdi=
ng programs. The other great thing about eBird is that reporting common spe=
cies is just as good as reporting rare species. The program itself is prett=
y straight forward with only a slight learning curve and once you get into =
the habit of submitting your reports, you will find that it is a rewarding =
and fulfilling endeavor. <br>

ichard@gmail.com</a><br>

--0016367b60704e98c804943d7f3e--