[NatureNS] Blackpoll among other Pt Pleasant Park warblers (and Barred Owl)

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
To: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>, naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 16:39:56 -0400

Hi all,

I must have checked the pines along the Lower Parking lot just moments
after Gisele d'Entremont and Bruce Doucette saw a Yellow-throated, a
Palm, and Yellow-rumped Warblers there, and while I only saw a couple
of those, I can add a very bedraggled-looking Blackpoll Warbler.

It's very neat how much stuff can hide in those few trees -- they're
well worth checking, especially since the Yellow-throated Warbler,
which was very vocal and doing lots of big flights, was the easiest to
find.

Crows up the gully that heads west directly opposite the pine were
hassling a Barred Owl in dense spruces well off the trails, and there
were lots of robins and 2 cardinals at Ft Ogilvie.

Cheers,
Andy Horn
Halifax