[NatureNS] Scott and Gilhen Honored by Acadia

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 14:42:24 -0500
From: "Frederick W. Schueler" <bckcdb@istar.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

On 11/7/2010 9:49 AM, joan waldron wrote:
> Thank you for posting this Peter. Fred & John are brilliant people who
> contributed so much to our knowledge of the natural world.

* one of John's brilliant ideas is driving roads at night in the fall to
find Four-toed Salamanders on the roads, in order to establish their
range on a firmer basis than that of
going-to-the-kinds-of-places-where-they're-known-to-breed-and-looking-for-them-there.

For anyone who values beauty and excitement, with a certain element of
danger thrown in, this is a wonderful way to contribute to knowledge of
the distribution of both this enigmatic Salamander and other species,
and I'm sure John would welcome collaborators in this quest.

fred schueler.

--

fred schueler
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad