[NatureNS] Yellow-throated Warbler DeWolfe Park, Bedford

From: Rosemary Gallinger <mountainchickadee@hotmail.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:59:32 -0600

--_6ee3fefc-5da3-42f2-b698-2ba03c202c7d_

There is a Yellow-throated Warbler in DeWolfe Park at the Bedford Waterfron=
t.  It is moving along with a flock of chickadees.  I first spotted it as I=
 was driving out of the park early this afternoon.  A small bird flew=2C lo=
w to the ground in front of my van and I thought I had hit it.  When I got =
out of the car with binoculars I couldn't find it again.  I later located i=
t behind the condos at 50 Waterfront Dr.  The warbler often lands on the bl=
ack street lamps so is easy to view when it does that.  I last saw it at 1:=
15 p.m. along the chain link fence at Arthur Lister Drive (still behind the=
 waterfront condos that back onto the railway tracks).  At one point=2C as =
it flew between trees I thought there were 2 warblers but I couldn't get th=
em both in sight at the same time again so I'm not sure.  I expect the floc=
k of chickadees and the warbler(s) may have continued along the railway tra=
cks heading to the pathway that connects the waterfront park to Shore Drive=
.

The resident Northern Mockingbird was also spotted behind 50 Waterfront Dr =
in the multiflora rose bush.

Rosemary Gallinger
 		 	   		  =

--_6ee3fefc-5da3-42f2-b698-2ba03c202c7d_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
d Waterfront.&nbsp=3B It is moving along with a flock of chickadees.&nbsp=
=3B I first spotted it as I was driving out of the park early this afternoo=
n.&nbsp=3B A small bird flew=2C low to the ground in front of my van and I =
thought I had hit it.&nbsp=3B When I got out of the car with binoculars I c=
ouldn't find it again.&nbsp=3B I later located it behind the condos at 50 W=
aterfront Dr.&nbsp=3B The warbler often lands on the black street lamps so =
is easy to view when it does that.&nbsp=3B I last saw it at 1:15 p.m. along=
 the chain link fence at Arthur Lister Drive (still behind the waterfront c=
ondos that back onto the railway tracks).&nbsp=3B At one point=2C as it fle=
w between trees I thought there were 2 warblers but I couldn't get them bot=
h in sight at the same time again so I'm not sure.&nbsp=3B I expect the flo=