[NatureNS] Re: Merritt Gibson obit

From: Bob McDonald <bobathome@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:08:14 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_DliQAUXfg/6WcZDhIqCGQg)

Hello,

Further to the recent postings concerning Merritt Gibson's passing on the weekend, his obituary appeared today in the Chronicle Herald (see link below).  It gives some details on his life as an academic at Acadia and his long association with Blomidon Naturalists.  We considered Merritt to be a good friend and will miss his wisdom and wry sense of humour.  The piece doesn't mention his long time association with Nature Canada - we would regularly meet up with Merritt at NC conferences across the country and enjoyed field trips in which he was always an active participant.

http://jobspress.com/announcements/obituaries/gibson-merritt-alexander-%E2%80%94-canning-died-evening

Our condolences go out to his family.

Bob and Wendy McDonald
Halifax

--Boundary_(ID_DliQAUXfg/6WcZDhIqCGQg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18999">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY
style="WORD-WRAP: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space"
bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Further to the recent postings concerning Merritt Gibson's
passing on the weekend, his obituary appeared today in the Chronicle Herald (see
link below).&nbsp; It gives some details on his life as an academic at Acadia
and his long association with Blomidon Naturalists.&nbsp; We considered Merritt
to be a good friend and will miss his wisdom and wry sense of humour.&nbsp; The
piece doesn't mention his long time association with Nature Canada - we would
regularly meet up with Merritt at NC conferences across the country and enjoyed
field trips in which he was always an active participant.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><A
href="http://jobspress.com/announcements/obituaries/gibson-merritt-alexander-%E2%80%94-canning-died-evening">http://jobspress.com/announcements/obituaries/gibson-merritt-alexander-%E2%80%94-canning-died-evening</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Our condolences go out to his family.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Bob and Wendy McDonald</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Halifax</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_DliQAUXfg/6WcZDhIqCGQg)--