[NatureNS] Re: Sandhill Crane hunt

Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:35:39 -0600
From: darrell neufeld <darrellneufeld@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0022152d69658b50870498032ed4

Hi All,

  There is also a Sandhill Crane hunting season here in Manitoba,
http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/wildlife/hunting/gamebird/migratory/seasons.html

Darrell Neufeld
Winnipeg,Manitoba

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Blake Maybank <maybank@ns.sympatico.ca>wrote:

>  At 11:18 PM 20/12/2010, you wrote:
>
> Apparently KY is doing it no matter what is said. If you are the sort to
> send emails about this thing, not sure they will care what we think in
> Canada but I can't keep quiet on this one
>

> Under the circumstances regarding what is permitted in Canada, I doubt very
> much KY will attend to any objections from north of the border.   For
> example, here is a quick summary of the facts regarding the Sandhill Crane
> hunting season in Saskatchewan:
>
> Sandhill Cranes - Open to All Hunters (resident and non-resident)
>
> Sandhill Crane bag limit: 5 daily, Possession: 15
>
> Sandhill Crane Season: Sept. 1 - Dec. 16
>
> Note: Last Mountain Lake National Wildlife Area is closed to all sandhill
> crane hunting
>
> FYI.
>
> Blake

> Blake Maybank
> maybank@ns.sympatico.ca
> 902-852-2077
>
> Editor, "Nova Scotia Birds"
>  http://nsbs.chebucto.org
>
> Organiser, Maritimes Nature Travel Club
> * http://tinyurl.com/naturetravel*
>
> author, "Birding Sites of Nova Scotia"
> * http://tinyurl.com/birdingns
> *Downloadable Nova Scotia Maps for inside front and back covers:
>  http://tinyurl.com/mr627d
>
> White's Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada

--0022152d69658b50870498032ed4

Hi All,<br><br>=A0 There is also a Sandhill Crane hunting season here in Ma=
nitoba,<br><a href=3D"http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/wildlife/hunting/ga=
mebird/migratory/seasons.html">http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/wildlife/h=
unting/gamebird/migratory/seasons.html</a><br>
On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Blake Maybank <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a hr=
ef=3D"mailto:maybank@ns.sympatico.ca">maybank@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&gt;</span=
> wrote:<br>
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
At 11:18 PM 20/12/2010, you wrote:<br>
matter what is said. If you are the sort to send emails about this thing,
not sure they will care what we think in Canada but I can&#39;t keep quiet =
on
this one</blockquote><br>
Under the circumstances regarding what is permitted in Canada, I doubt
very much KY will attend to any objections from north of the
border.=A0=A0 For example, here is a quick summary of the facts
regarding the Sandhill Crane hunting season in Saskatchewan:<br><br>
Sandhill Cranes - Open to All Hunters (resident and
non-resident)<br><br>
Sandhill Crane bag limit: 5 daily, Possession: 15<br><br>
Sandhill Crane Season: Sept. 1 - Dec. 16<br><br>
Note: Last Mountain Lake National Wildlife Area is closed to all sandhill
crane hunting<br><br>
FYI.<br><br>
Blake<br><br>
--<br>
Blake Maybank<br>
patico.ca</a><br>
902-852-2077<br><br>
Editor, &quot;Nova Scotia Birds&quot;<br>
http://nsbs.chebucto.org<br><br>
</a>Organiser, Maritimes Nature Travel Club<br>
author, &quot;Birding Sites of Nova Scotia&quot;<br>
http://tinyurl.com/birdingns<br>
covers:<br>
White&#39;s Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada </p></div>

--0022152d69658b50870498032ed4--