[NatureNS] FW: CBC Radio Noon Tomorrow - For the Birds

From: "Sandy Hiltz" <birddog@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:54:11 -0400

&amp;gt; their neighborhoods th

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01CBA2C2.05CC95C0

On November 30 while driving the Highway 101 toward Yarmouth, near Port =
Maitland,  a large heavy bodied bird crossed the road, but I was only =
able to get a glance at it. I was completely lost regarding an id of the =
bird. It was heavy bodied like an owl but too large for any I have seen =
including a Great Horned of which I have seen many. It was too heavy in =
the body for any hawk(too big) and a bit too small for an eagle(body to =
heavy anyway). I may have seen this bird, nothing else makes sense.

On another note I saw several Barred Owls between Digby and Yarmouth on =
the same day.=20

Sandy
  ----- Original Message -----=20