[NatureNS] Heathbell Dovekie

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 13:12:21 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_8jzeQZdCjiQgpnPtq45K9w)

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi all
I had a call yesterday (Dec. 23)  from Janice Pass in Heathbell near Scotsburn, Pictou Co., and she had an identified black and white 8 inch
bird in a puddle near her drive-way. She was almost able pick it up, but it got away on her and later ended up swimming up a
fast-flowing creek in the property. Her son, David actually went into the creek to try to retrieve the bird, but it repeately dove and eluded
him and his basket he was using to try to catch it. From her description, it sounded like an inland stranded Dovekie.

I also had a call this morning of someone who had a Dovekie aground in Brookville also inland Pictou Co. I directed him to release
it near the strait if he could not get it to Helene.

Ken

--Boundary_(ID_8jzeQZdCjiQgpnPtq45K9w)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18999">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ken McKenna<BR>Box 218 Stellarton NS<BR>B0K
1S0<BR>902 752-7644<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hi all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I had a call yesterday (Dec. 23) &nbsp;from Janice
Pass in Heathbell near Scotsburn, Pictou Co., and she had an identified black
and white 8 inch</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>bird in a puddle near her drive-way. She was almost
able&nbsp;pick it up, but it got away on her and later ended up swimming up a
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>fast-flowing creek in the property. Her son, David
actually went into the creek to try to retrieve the bird, but it repeately dove
and eluded </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>him and his basket he was using to try to catch it.
From her description, it sounded like an inland stranded Dovekie.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I also had a call this morning of someone who had a
Dovekie aground in Brookville also inland Pictou Co. I directed him to release
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>it near the strait if he could not get it to
Helene. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2>Ken</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_8jzeQZdCjiQgpnPtq45K9w)--